Re: [MV] License required in Ca?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Tue May 14 2002 - 20:15:16 PDT

Hi Paul...

>It depends on how my re-fi appraisal goes <g>
>If it goes well, I intend to get a good, solid Deuce. Tho I understand
>shipping runs 2 Grand from coast to coast (!!!)

I paid that much from TX to CA. Get firm quotes.

>I hadn't thought about road taxes: In Ca are they based on the amount
>of driving you do, the type of things you haul, or is it a flat tax?
>Would you have a general idea what that runs a year, in addition to
>registration?

DMV said it would be about $1,000 per year, and I believe it was based
on the GVWR (23,000 lbs for a deuce).

>I was fairly shocked to see the last 20 years DMV paperwork on the fire
>truck: it IS an historic vehicle... the yearly reg was $27 the last
>time it was registered.. about two years ago.

That's what mine costs too...something like $24.00 a year.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net