Re: [MV] Amphibious car can't duck Delray police

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 20:32:44 PDT

Hi Rob,

>Does anyone know who this guy is or what he was driving?
>I was down in West Palm Beach this week and saw this in the
>Palm Beach Post. The article implies he was driving a "duck",
>but doesn't ever say exactly what type of "amphibious car"
>he was driving.

>From the sounds of it this is a home built job. I've seen pictures of
people doing crazy stuff like this. The article consistantly called it a
"car", which even the most idiotic reporter wouldn't have done if it was
a DUKW :-) This is the bit that I think that shows it was a home built:

"he removed the dashboard and the number when he built the car"

Again, even a dumbass reporter would not have used the word "built" to
describe anything but something home spun.

But the REAL reason I doubt this was a MV... because the title of the
article didn't say:

"Drunk Military Vehicle Owner Tries to Avoid Capture"

Seriously... if it was green and formerly military, it would have been
mentioned in the first sentence if not the title. They love to single us
out :-/

Steve