M151 Carb Follow-up (Also seeking some '42 Autocar parts)

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 05:58:32 PDT

Interestingly, they DO have various Main jets, as last night I took apart
two others to find the best parts for the first one, and the Jets were
numbered differently.

Seems there was a jet # 28 in the first one, and two with # 30 jets in them.
The Rebuild kit (complete version) has a # 30 in it as well, so maybe this
is a MOD the Army did? Rejetting to a larger jet??

So, still seeking an answer by someone that has rejetted one with good
results.

By the way, as the idle screw is tapered, I don't really want to drill it's
hole out, as I think there may be a taper in the seat as well. Rebuild kit
DOES have a new idle screw in it.

Hoping that the primary problem on these is air leakage around the throttle
shafts, and the seals provided in the kit will cure it.

Suggestions accepted. Thanks

A. Winget Virginia
TOW MUTT among MANY others.

PS: Need '42 Autocar Semi Tractor, Open cab Doors (both needed in any
condition), Inner open cab Windshield assembly, Maybe a Carb, as it was
converted to propane, and two headlight buckets. Have an old 4x4 tractor on
the way from Kansas to haul our junk to the shows in "Period" style.
Regards WAW