Re: [MV] GL

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 06:26:14 PDT

John,

I think what Kenny is try to say is there is a lot of wrong information on the Form 97. If the serial does not match the serial on the frame when the DMV person does the VIN verification that will be a problem. Some times the frame serial numbers have so much paint it is hard to see. Not all the truck that I have bought through DRMO had data plates. The book (the ones that exist only behind the counter that they ponder over and wisper with their supervior about) at DMV states that all ex-military vehicles are required to have a Form 97.
I had a CHP do a VIN verification for me on a truck that the speedometer was missing. When I took it to DMV, the lady said taht I needed a mileage. I told here that the speedometer was missing and I have to find a replacement. She stated "I still need a mileage" I explained to her that it was irrelevant due that the fact that the mileage on the speedometer that I was going to put in was not going to be refective of the vehicles acutual miles.
That is when she took her red pen and marked through the blank where the mileage was suppose to go and handed the form to me and said to have it done over. At that point I wished I had looked at the form closer prior to going in and put in an abitrary number in the blank. Maybe she felt she was going to get an award that week for being a royal pain. She had my vote.
I have been real lucky with get correct and corrected F97's from DRMO even after the truck has left the base. I usually had to call the base and tell then the problem. I would then photo copy the data plate and send back the wrong F97 and then the correct one would arrive. It sounds like GL is only giving the buyer one shot at it. If it is wrong, too bad. But, I believe that they should have an obligation to get the paper work correctly. I know it would be hard to do, but buyers can always boycott. Just don't buy the trucks.... Buyers set the price on auctions.

John Souza
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

>>> "Hutterer, John - Deltec" <john.hutterer@deltec.com> 5/15/02 5:28:28 AM >>>
Kenny,

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't what GL is now apparently doing pretty
much what the Government did all along? I bought my M816 through the GSA, so
I can't claim first-hand knowledge of buying from an actual DRMO. I just
received a Form 97 and had to go get an actual title from my home state. It
seems that this is exactly what GL is now doing. It took me less than an
hour (some discussion with the DMV was necessary :))to get my title. It
seems that is a whole lot better than the months of waiting that many List
members have commented on with GL trying to produce actual titles for the
vehicles that they have sold. Have I missed something?

John