Assignment of SF-97's

From: dwright@govliquidation.com
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 09:36:58 PDT

Kenneth,

Thanks for noticing my absence I now know I was missed: I am sorry for not
taking my computer and cell phone on my fishing trip with my daughter, but
after reading stories of missing children I felt the list could do without
me for a few days.

GL changed it's policy of providing state titles, to assignment of the
SF-97, for the following reasons:

   GL was experiencing inordinate delays in the processing of the SF-97s by
   the state of Arizona
   Many of the SF-97s contained inaccurate or incomplete information, which
   required that the vehicle undergo a physical inspection prior to
   receiving a state title. The application for title was rejected by the
   State of Arizona pending a physical inspection.
   Many of GL's buyers were asking that the SF-97s be turned over to them
   so that they could obtain titles on their own.

The SF-97 does not contain an assignment block on the back like an ordinary
state title, but it is assignable. GL asked DRMS legal counsel to review
this policy prior to implementation and were told that the SF-97 can be
assigned. GL uses an assignment form, which references both the VIN (or
serial number) and the SF-97 Certificate Number.

GL has requested that several SF-97s be redone by the DRMOs due to
inaccurate information. Some DRMOs are more willing than others to re-do a
SF-97 containing inaccurate/incomplete information. Many of the vehicles
sold are missing data plates or have data plates that are so worn that they
are illegible. We are in continuous negotiations with the DRMS to improve
the method of titling military vehicles so that it is more convenient for
buyers. Some suggestions to DRMS have included:

   Have the SF-97 completed in the buyer's name.
   Verify SF-97s for commercial vehicles against manufacturer's databases,
   other commercial database (i.e., carfax.com) or MVD records.
   Complete SF-97s based on vehicle physical inspections rather than from
   the Form 200.

Buyers should thoroughly research their state's titling requirements before
buying, and adjust their bids accordingly for any extra requirements that
their state might impose, such as VIN inspections, assignment of a new VIN
number, environmental inspections, obliteration of markings, etc.

David Wright
Government Liquidation
dwright@govliquidation.com
(480) 609-3295

Anybody noticed the absence of David Wright on the list lately? I sent him

an email direct on Monday and it's still unanswered. It appears that GL has

changed their title policy again. Now the fine print states that they (GL)

will assign the form 97 on an "as is, where is" basis. Awe heck, read it

yourself, its attached. Basically they accept no responsibility on the
accuracy of the SF97 and no longer provide a title of any sorts. Either
the
SF97 has to come in our name or the SF97 has been changed to make it
transferable. If anybody has experienced this yet, post your experience
for the list. Thanks....Kenny

GL Wording;
Transfer of Title to Vehicles

All vehicles sold by Seller are covered by "The United States Government
Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle" (Form 97). Upon completion of any

sale of vehicles by Seller to Buyer, Seller will assign the Form 97 to
Buyer

on an "as is, where is" basis. Buyer understands that the Form 97 contains
information provided by the Government that may not be accurate or
complete.

Buyer is solely responsible for obtaining any state title or otherwise
registering the vehicle for use in any state or other jurisdiction. Seller
has no obligation to Buyer other than to assign the Form 97. Buyer is also
responsible for obtaining any necessary state or local permits permitting
Buyer to move any vehicle from the location of sale. Buyer agrees to
defend,

indemnify and hold Seller harmless for Buyer's failure to comply with the
provisions of this Section. The effective date for the above provisions is
March 29, 2002.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2