Re: License required in Ca.

From: Randy Bauer (uneedamog@webtv.net)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 16:35:48 PDT

I bought a Unimog 404 Radio Truck a few years back with a Housecar
Disignation on the Sellers title) when it was registered into my name
the Housecar designation became Motorhome. The Housecar designation is
no longer in the DMV Code in California. I took my Mog to a local
Sherrifs station for Verification, Basically any enclosed camper body
type with seats and sleeping quarters will get you the Motorhome
designation. A lot depends on the officer inspecting the vehicle and the
location. Small towns out in the boonies are usually better choices
than Big City Police Stations.

Real Trucks are Diesel Powered
MVPA 9140