Re: [MV] What to look for in a Deuce

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Wed May 15 2002 - 16:22:50 PDT

When I bought my cckw, it had 28,000 miles with a govt rebuilt engine.
I ran it about 40,000 miles and the only thing I did to it at about +30,000
was the Chevy 350 valve with hardened seats conversion mentioned in
Army Motors (Reg Hodgson). Normally they took the engines out at 10,000
miles and had them 'freshened up' in the motor pool. I ran mine 4 x as long.

In a cckw, that 104 hp (on a good day) has to move 10,000+ lbs of truck so
it works its heart out. I never added lead sub or anything else...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce