Re: Hard/ non shiney paint WWII OD recipe

From: Nelson Dionne (aa1mo@nsradio.org)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 05:18:33 PDT

Hello List:

    Harry Roy, a long time Worcester MA MV collector developed the recipe
for a hard, dull , W.W.II OD; He added clear enamel to a 34081 along with
toluol (or is it toluene, whichever one is the paint additive) and it
produced a beautiful hard, non porous OD.

Nelson Dionne
Salem MA

Who's 1942 WLA was painted this way 20 years ago and it's till nice !