Re: [MV] Gillespie Paint & Synthol

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 07:46:33 PDT

I have never mixed hardener into Gillespie paint, however I have used the Napa synthetic activator (I forget what it says on can) and I used it at a ratio of
1/2 pint to 1 gallon of paint and it worked great. I was using tractor enamel - which is an alkyd enamel. You said that Gillepie is a non-alkyd based paint?
That would surprise me since it is an air dry enamel.

Make sure you don't over reduce that paint. A two to one ratio for the paint to reducer seems awfully high. I spray tractor enamel straight out of the can with
the activator added. No reducer added at all. However as I said, I have never sprayed Gillespie, so I am not aware of it's viscosity.

Dave