M151A1 Brake adjustment

From: Tony Castagno (tonycastagno@verticalthought.com)
Date: Sun May 19 2002 - 06:12:29 PDT

Hello List,

Well took my M151A1 out for its first "show" since the restoration. It
looked pretty good, even though I haven't totally finished. My front
right brake is pulling a bit, when adjusting the brake adjusting star
wheel on the inside of the hub which way is tight and which way is loose
(forwards or backwards)? I think I'm going to bring my left side hub a
little tighter rather than loosen the right one. I caused this problem
myself a couple of years ago before I parked the jeep, on advice that I
needed to tighten these adjustments because my pedal was going down to
the floor. It turned out I was low on brake fluid. I realized this
after adjusting the front right brake and never got them all quite
right. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Tony Castagno