Re: [MV] Findlay, Ohio, Armed Forces Day MV meet

From: Edwin M. Dyer, III (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 06:50:48 PDT

Greetings:

I'd like to chime in as well on this show. This was my
first time there ( I went as a WW2 reenactor ) and I
had a good time as well.

Indeed, there were deals to be had. I was mainly after
militaria as opposed to vehicle parts, though. There
were plenty enough vendors to be able to price shop
when it came to parts, at least from what I saw.

My favorite vehicles had to be the Davy Crocket armed
jeep and the gun truck "The Untouchable". There were a
number of jeeps, trucks, a LVT 4, and some gent with
some massive R/C German armor, including a Panther, a
StuG III, and a smaller Tiger I. The USAR brought in a
M113 and was giving folks rides in it as well as a
"Loach" helo pilot giving people a really white
knuckle ride.

When did the USAR do the mock battle? I know us
reenactors did a battle Saturday and did two of them
on Sunday.

The only downside I saw to Findlay was that by
Saturday evening, a bunch of people left. About half
the vendors bailed out, a group of reenactors did, and
several of the vehicle owners split Saturday night and
Sunday morning before the show opened. I was told this
was the first time the show remained open on Sunday so
perhaps some of them didn't know or guessed the crowd
would be low.

Hopefully next year it will be better. I was told by a
few folks that with the Medina, OH show being gone,
Findlay may take up the slack and be even bigger next
time around.

Cheers,

Ed