Re: [MV] M211

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 05:42:08 PDT

Shannon,
I own an M211 and a M221, which are totally stock. Originally they came with
a General Motors 302 C.I. straight six and a Hydramatic transmission, not an
Allison. The seller may be mistaken on the trans. The truck will do about 55
mph max. Don't push it further due to insufficient brakes. 50 is the
comfortable speed for my truck on the highway. The engine is equipped with a
governor which in your case, could be set at 30mph. This could be set back to
50 or 55mph. I would suggest purchasing the operators and maintenance manuals
for it through someone like Portrayal Press.
http://www.portrayal.com/

Jim Maier
'52 GMC M211
& Many more toys