Re: [MV] M211

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 05:55:49 PDT

In a message dated 5/21/02 5:40:27 AM Central Standard Time,
ssje@starpower.net writes:

<< The major
 problem with the truck is it wont go over 30 MPH. It is the stock I6 and
 allison automatic. At least I was told it is stock. Any information that any
 one has on these rigs would greatly help. Thanks. >>

The transmission, if stock, is not an Allison. It is a GMC 302M or 303M
Hydramatic (depending on year). This transmission has 4 forward gears and a
high and low range. It is possible yours is in low range. The linkage
adjustment is complicated, if someone has messed with it it could be out of
adjustment.

The transmission was designed to use 30 weight non-detergent engine oil, not
ATF fluid. DO NOT MIX THEM.

Hope this helps,
David