M-1009 CUCV problems

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 09:40:04 PDT

Hi List,

Two questions please, first has anyone ever had the throttle cable break? I
was driving and when I started to accelerate I felt a snap and then nothing,
no power! I had it towed in and found that the cable had broken about two
feet up from the pedal. I've ordered a new one from NAPA but want to know
if this has happened to anyone and if so is there something that I should be
looking for?

Secondly my engine is running a little rough at idle. If it were gas I'd
say it was missing but since it's diesel I'm at a loss. I am changing the
fuel filter and have checked for leaks but where else do I go from there?

Thanks,

Ed Kirkley KG4OUJ
MVPA 18977