CCKW resto, ACKWX

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 14:20:14 PDT

Hi...I havnt had time to be on the list for a while.

My hands have not been idle tho, the GMC is getting closer.
I found out there is a film being made at Bribie Island ,QLD, AU,
apparently it is a recreation of Mcarthurs landing in PI.
Unfortunately i only heard 2 weeks ago the deadline had just passed,
some people i spoke to have there vehicles up there.

Have any listers heard about this?..it is a US production

Mine is still a bit away i suppose, the exterior is now painted OD.
The cabin interior is nearly finished. That will leave only the canvas,
finish front axle rebuild(50% done) and rear brake job, bonnet improvements
and minor stuff.

I am hopefully going to look at the ACKWX in 2 weeks. I will take my camera.
After obtaining the louvre dimensions (thanks), it transpired the panels
were not correct, however correct ones have now been located i hear..thatis
civvy Chev, not louvered...whilst i am there i will pick up a dual-drive PTO
and troop seat racks.
                                        tony