M1009 glowplugs

From: Brian (polaris650_92@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 17:34:19 PDT

Hi,
I want to thank everyone for the advice, I thought
that I was gonna have to pay a diesel mechanic $50 an
hour to help me. I tried the tip on snapping off the
end with pliers and it worked well.
     I was talking to one of my friends that works as
a diesel tech. at the local ford dealership, and he
told me that whenever an under-warrantee vehicle has
mushroomed glow plugs, they don't want to use time
that they're not gonna get payed for to remove them.
He told me that glow plugs are made of carbon, a soft
material, and they yank it out probably snapping it,
then they just install a new one. They start the
vehicle and crank the rpm's to it until the plug
self-destructs. If they were getting payed to fix it,
they would take the time to do it properly. In my
opinion, I would never do this with my vehicle, but
once a ford, always a ford...he he.

Thank, You
Brian