Hercules diesel smoke question

From: Brian Shook (shookysmvs@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 17:55:37 PDT

List ,
      I got a M35A2 from GL auction and when you crank it up it smokes blue
smoke (oil smoke I assume) and doesn't idle great. As the engine warms up it
doesn't smoke as bad , idles good but has a miss at 1500 rpm . After 1500
rpm it runs good and smokes black smoke . You think its a stuck piston ring
, bad injectors ? Don't have a compression tester to run a compression check
. Where can you get one for these trucks ? Any help would be appreciated .
Thanks, Brian in NC