Re: [MV] Multi fuel starter ##

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 06:43:45 PDT

>TM 9-2320-209-20P, figure 59 shows 4 starters available:
>NSN 2920-00-763-2346 p/n 10951134
>NSN 2920-00-226-6545 p/n 10911018-1
>NSN 2920-00-267-9987 p/n 10935376
>NSN 2920-00-999-6216 p/n 10951385-1
>Unfortunately, all four are manufactured by CAGE code19207, which I think is
>Army Automotive Tank Command. Probably you will only be able to find these
>starters from a surplus dealer. If you do find a commercial supplier, please
>post it on the list.

My starter is made by Leece-Neville, now all wrapped up with Prestolite and
someone else. Delco also makes sufficiently large starters such as an 40 or
42 MT. Any starter/alternator rebuilder that does truck work would be able
to put one together if you had a sample to go by as far as gear and nose
housing. I'm told they tend to prefer Delco over Leece-Neville when it
comes to starters, either would work fine.

later,

je