WWII AUTOCAR parts needed (Convertible model)

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 12:08:09 PDT

Picking up a '42 or '45 4 ton Autocar when I figure out who can ship it from
Horton, Kansas to Yorktown, Virginia
 (Any Leads to a cheap backhaul would be nice too!)
It's the 4x4 model, convertible version.
  Missing
Both headlight buckets
Both doors (these are really simple, as there's no window assembly
Windshield inner frame
and likely a carb (Converted to propane)

Heck, maybe a topbow (just one bent one I can make) or other parts if you
find a truck out there.

  Anyone know where one is sitting in a Junkyard, farm or willing to grab a
few parts for me, I'd be willing to pay.

Figure to use it to haul the VFW guys through the local parades, and put the
halftrack or artillery on a lowboy as "captured" equipment with a period
tractor.

Regards and thanks
A. Winget
Hampton, Va.