Re: [MV] GMC engine, WWII 6*6 origin etc

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 08:21:51 PDT

> Maybe they only commenced it in 1938?
>
> Also the ACKW was a civilian model 6*6 built by GM
> from 1938??
> I am not sure here...I think that the GMC 6*6
> (ACKWX, CCKW etc)
> were based on the civvy models.
>
> Can anyone state what the exact chronology is?
++++++++
Something tells me the history of the 6 X 6 should be
tied in with the White Scout Car and the half tracks.
I'm thinking that the front drive axle was developed
for them and later adapted to the cargo trucks.

Isn't the Scout Car early/mid of '30's design?

The three shaft transfer case sounds like GMC to me,
the M-135/211 has that style.

Joe