Re: [MV] M35 questions - Solargizer

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 09:49:28 PDT

>I have the 24 volt Solargizers for sale.
>They work on 6, 12 or 24 volt systems.

Are you saying that the '24volt' units also work on 6v and 12v batts, or
just that Solargizer makes 3 different models.

>These are the mililtary model with the government
>NSN number....
>
>24-Volt Solargizer with 3/8" Lugs
>Part Number: 735X150
>Model Number: IS-24-L
>NSN 6130-01-392-8347

In bright sun I read the voltage across a pair of 12v identical fresh
batts in series and it was 24+, but under 25.0vdc on a digital meter. I
could detect NO pulses during about a minute or so. When does the S'r
actually DO anything? If the pulses are very short and far between, maybe
an analog meter is needed to detect them.

Their webpage blurbs do not mention cadmium 'maint-free' batts which are
much less prone to 'sulfation'. Maybe not all truck batts are cad type
thus more need for S'r with these?

Deep-cycle batts that get squeezed down pretty far before being
replenished should be 'super-charged' every 6th cycle or so by means of a
full charge done at a higher than normal charging voltage. Is this what
the S'r is trying to do by firing off pulses?

Curious if anyone has researched this.

Cosmo Lean