Re: [MV] Judging at Churchville--Response to Amrhein

From: Andreas Mehlhorn (a.mehlhorn@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 08:38:03 PDT

"Neil E. Amrhein" schrieb:

> ... Before getting into this hobby, I was (and still am) into the
> car show scene. That is the world from which I come. Judges are
> very careful around show cars.

I think this is your problem. May be it would be the best if you
stayed there. MV people are different. Love it or leave it.

> Mr. Mele, The clipboard that I saw sitting on my bumper/fender had no
> visible vinyl covering on it. It was a plain, brown, press-board (for lack
> of the appropriate term) clipboard with a metal clip - standard stuff. If I
> am wrong, that's fine. I don't mind being wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm
> right. Regardless of whether or not the clipboard had a cover, I should not
> have had to complain about it's placement to anyone. It should have never
> come to rest on my truck. Period.

Stay with your truck in your air-conditioned garage. Keep all people
with their clipboards out of bounds.

I can tell you that I make certificates for collector's cars here and on some
of them the price tag is US-$ 200,000+. Be sure I touch all of them and I
drive all of them. No drive, no certificate. My clipboard (without cover)
has been on the rear seat of several Mercedes gullwings and other
expensive cars.

A show car is a show car and a MV is a MV. MVs are made for tough
duty and not for show (The military call it "parade"). These are different
worlds. Don't try to mix them.

Best regards
Andreas
-Officially aknowledged expert for motor vehicles-