Re: [MV] Judging at Churchville--Response to Amrhein

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 09:00:07 PDT

> I think this is your problem. May be it would be the best if you
> stayed there. MV people are different. Love it or leave it.

    Sorry Andreas, I am here to stay. I know plenty of MV people who feel
the same as I do.

> Stay with your truck in your air-conditioned garage. Keep all people
> with their clipboards out of bounds.

    My garage is not air-conditioned. See, this is how vicious rumors start
to fly.....

> I can tell you that I make certificates for collector's cars here and on
some
> of them the price tag is US-$ 200,000+. Be sure I touch all of them and I
> drive all of them. No drive, no certificate. My clipboard (without cover)
> has been on the rear seat of several Mercedes gullwings and other
> expensive cars.

    I am happy for you. I wonder how the owner of the gullwing likes it when
you sit the clipboard on the roof, instead of the rear seat to take notes?

> A show car is a show car and a MV is a MV. MVs are made for tough
> duty and not for show (The military call it "parade"). These are different
> worlds. Don't try to mix them.

    This makes it sound like you have never entered a vehicle in a show for
competition. If you had, you would surely know that the cleanest vehicles
win. I guess the 60+ show entrants at Churchville were not aware that MV's
were not meant for show either? Somebody better put that in the flyer before
the next Rally.

> Best regards
> Andreas
> -Officially aknowledged expert for motor vehicles-

Thanks,
    Neil
    -Officially acknowledged adder of signature lines for sport-