Re: [MV] M35A2 SPRAG QUESTION

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 19:14:24 PDT

    This ought to start a great discussion. When the truck is in reverse it is
not locked in. The sprag if it is in proper adjustment and working order it
operates at a overrun clutch and is most of the time when in motion in reverse
it is locked in.
When the truck is in 1st it is also not locked in, it is operating in the sprag
mode as it does in the rest of the gears.