RE: Wartime Records - Churchill, Rooseveldt etc (NB not vehicle-related)

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 03:08:03 PDT

Dear Listers.....

I usually try my best to keep strictly to MV matters, but I'm sure that some
of you will find this useful.

Our UK Public Records Office has just released a batch of papers, some of
which cover wartime memos etc and I guess that some of these may be of
interest to some of you. And they can be downloaded from the PRO site FOR
FREE.

Here's how:-

1. go to www.pro-online.pro.gov.uk
2. You'll see the welcome screen
3. click on "search"
4. You will see the message "You Must specify a Collection"
5. Ignore that and scroll to "Browse a list of FREE IMAGES of records opening
in 2002"
6. When that list appears, scroll down to the "HS"-series
7. Select the record you want by clicking on the number
8. When that record's details appear, click on "Add to Shopping Basket"
9. When next page appears, click on "Checkout"
10. Type in your FULL e-mail address and send
11. The PRO will send you a link to the downloadable file. BUT, you can d/l
it there and then if you wish...there's a check-box to do so.
12. The files are in either PDF format or JPG, so make sure you have the
Acrobat reader installed.
13 Some of the files are big (check the Kb size first) so they can take a
while to D/L.... just be patient.

Kind regards....
Ken