Gillespie Paint ?

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 08:52:04 PDT

My .02

I am not professional painter but let me offer this:

One of the reasons they do not give thinning ratios is that this is done
most times to suit the person putting paint on -- personally I like mine
thinner than most and put several coats on at one time. For me this helps
reduce runs. And I do not mix up the entire gallon unless I know I am going
to use it all at one time. Storage for me is much better if paint has not
been thinned.

 Also the temperature has an effect on thinner as to how fast you want it to
dry. There are several thinners with different dry times.

 Suggestion on black -- yes flattener will work; BUT spray a little place
before you take this step -- black is easy to cover. When you start just
mix a few ounces black and spay in a out of way place when it dries if is
too shinny then use flattener - the test place will cover easy - and hey - a
little extra paint does not hurt.

Everette

Subject: [MV] Gillespie Paint ?

List, I'm taking a plunge into the painting world and have purchased
Gillespie paint. The can was nice enough to suggest the reducing agent
however it made no reccomendations on the mix ratio. Any suggestions? Also
I have 2 gallons of Gillespie black. I have heard that its too shiny (not
very flat.) Can this be reduced with commercial flattener? I really don't
want semigloss black with my NATO camo paint. TIA, Kenny