"Proving Grounds" on History Channel 6/6 & 6/7

From: Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 16:27:00 PDT

Hey folks,

Late notice, but I just saw the promo for a show called "Proving Grounds" on
the History Channel tonight at 10:00PM EDT. Lots of Mil-Vehs getting banged
up in the trailer. Here is the synopsis and air times from the History
Channel's website:

Modern Marvels
Proving Grounds
Thursday , June 06 10:00 PM-11:00 PM
Friday , June 07 2:00 AM-3:00 AM

Where can you fire a missile without scaring the neighbors? Or lift millions
of pounds in pursuit of a couple of ounces of gold? On a proving ground, of
course, where performance is the only thing that matters. Because in the
heat of battle or head-to-head competition, no excuses can be given. We'll
visit the U.S. military's Cold Regions Testing Center in Alaska and desert
proving grounds in Arizona, the Olympic Complex in Colorado, and the
now-defunct Packard proving grounds in Michigan. TV G

Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
Cruise Missile Coordinates: 42d 28.05'N 083d 22.87'W
HummerID 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 ** MVPA #20486
Load Warrior Website http://www.m35a2.info
M35 Cool Stuff Site http://www.highprofilevehicles.com