Re: [MV] Electric brake kits...etc.

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 18:13:44 PDT

The electric brake controllers I bought at Ft Lee last year have a large
resistor
to be used with vehicles that had 12v systems as opposed to the standard 6v
systems used on most WW2 vehicles. If you are running 12 volts (in a WW2
vehicle), you can wire the trailer wheels in series. I did this on the
Searchlight Trailer.
Each axle has the 2 wheels wired in series instead of all 4 wheels in
parallel.

Steve