Amy knows D Day

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 22:06:02 PDT

We always officially observe D Day around here in one way or another.
Today I observed D Day watching my daughter's graduation ceremony from
Montessori School. Her summer fun began afterwards (without fear of being
rounded up and herded off to the ovens) with a slumber party at a
schoolmate's house (with a pool!). I observed D Day by taking my wife to a
good old Hollywood movie rather than someone's propaganda film. After lunch
at a restaurant that served just about anything I could want (no rationing)
I digested whilst breathing free air and preparing the side of my house for
paint (no slave labor involved) and thinking how every one of those guys on
the beaches would have given his left you-know-what to trade places with me
today. Later, after a nice dinner I kicked back in my recliner and reviewed
my A&E 3 video set on D Day without anyone shooting at me or shelling my
neighborhood. My 25 year old wife met an old codger in Walmart with a D Day
tee shirt on and remarked that she liked it and went on to wow him when he
asked her if she knew what D Day was (of course she did!). In a nutshell,
thanks to every one of those boys and girls who made the trip across the
channel and the ones who remained behind in order to make it happen. You
are NOT forgotten!

Regards,
TJ Smith
MVPA 21162