Calling all cars.. Audie Murphy Day June 20 Farmersville, TX

From: Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 20:15:07 PDT

Details gathered...
The City of Farmersville is honoring all vets but especially hometown hero
Audie Murphy, the most decorated US WWII soldier. Gena Jensen at the
Farmersville Visitor's Center has told me they need military vehicles to
participate in a parade at 6pm (1800 Hrs.) on June 20th for Audie Murphy
Day. Gena said their will be about 100 vets from different years of
service and a military style parade. There will be space to display
vehicles after the parade and there will be a dedication of a new Pavilion
in Audie's name. There will also be a Chorale and Pipe and Drum
Band. All are welcome but if you can bring a vehicle they would appreciate
it. If anyone can make it let Gena know (972) 782-6533
gena@farmersvilletx.net, Mike Meehan (972) 271-8839 (6th Corps MVPA) or me
know so we can get a count. Feel free to forward this to anyone who can
help out...
Thanks.
   Jess Minton
   1942 Ford GPW