LMC Truck MIP Rubber Floor Mats for Suburban...Opinions?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 18:06:59 PDT

Hi List...

Time to work on the M1007 for family summer trips.

I'm considering getting the molded polyvinyl floor mat set from LMC
Truck. In the LMC Truck Winter 2002 catalog it is on page 51.

Has anyone used this particular matting in their CUCVs? I'd like
to know about fit and finish, how flat it stays in your vehicle, and
how it wears.

Also, on installation, is it best to use contact cement or 3M Super 77
adhesive to fasten the mat to the insulation?

I will be putting down several layers of Brown Bread (the best
viscoelastic sound deadening material I could find...I have 5 big
rolls already...see it at "http://www.b-quiet.com/brownbread.html") so
I will forego the jute mat that comes with the MIP mats and instead
install the Brown Bread right to the metal floor and place the MIP
mats right over the Brown Bread.

Opinions?

Thank you.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net