Hot Floorboard in M35

From: specwar (specwar@piace.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 19:20:13 PDT

I have an M35A2C with a Continental LDT-465-1C Multifuel engine. On a
recent 45 mile outing ona 90+degree day I noticed that the floorboard
are in the drivers side(don't know about the passenger side) was getting
really warm, to the point of being uncomfortable. The temp guage was
showing about 180 degrees with good oil pressure. I was traveling at
speeds from 50 to 55 almost the whole trip. Is this normal due the lose
proximity ro the large chunk of steel called the engine block if so can
any insulation be put in place to lessen the heat. If there is a
possible problem, please let me know also.

\Secondly, a while back I requested info on front end shimmy at about
the 50MPH mark on my M35, just to let everyone know it was the right
front tire that was the culprit, was slightly out of round. swapped it
from the outboard left front drive axle tire and now all is well.

Thanks to the list for all past and future help,
Robert J. Wilson
M35A2C
MVPA#23437
Newsletter Editor Mid-Kansas military Vehicle Preservation Association