Re: [MV] M-416 Camping trailer?

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 21:38:01 PDT

Joe, I have towed my 416 on camping trips throughout Europe, the Middle East
and Africa. My longest trip was a 12,000 mile round trip encompassing the
area between Mexico and the Arctic Ocean. I have camped with the 416 at 134
degrees in Death Valley and at minus 66 degrees in Deadhorse Alaska. The 416
will handle anything. The way I transport everything within the 416 is I put
it all in military aluminum and steel boxes. Clothing, weapons and other
light stuff goes in aluminum medical supply boxes about 36" x 24" x 12". The
heavy stuff, tools, cooking and survival stuff goes in smaller steel ammo
boxes. I leave most of the stuff stored in the boxes in my garage because I
don't use camping stuff on a regular basis. I can load out and hit the road
in under 10 minutes, just like when I was in.
I recommend storing everything in one location to speed up your departure. I
know that many places are unsuitable for storm shelters. Austin only has a
few inches of soil on top of bedrock, so no basements here. If you cannot
flee in time, put the kids in the bathtub and strap a mattress to it.
Another alternative is to tie down an old tank to tree stumps and climb in.
As crazy as it sounds, open your windows to allow the pressure to equalize.
You will lose some belongings, but your house will not 'explode' from the
drastic pressure differences.
If I am giving wrong advice, I'm sure that the list will politely correct
me.
-Sarge