Re: [MV] Hot Floorboard in M35

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 16:49:00 PDT

As a matter of fact, I am working on that very project right now. I am
thinking of replacing the alternator pulley with a 3 belt one for an AC
compressor belt. I was amazed at how little room there is on the engine to
add stuff. I have been "modifying" Fords, Internationals and Peterbuilts
for years. They have allot of room at the front of the engine. My deuce
does not. But since I put AC in everything I own (my last home brewed job
was on my 61 Falcon) I hope to have one in the deuce before next summer. I
can get a JohnDeer 24 volt system for an excavator for around $1000. That
is as cheap as anything else new. I'm looking for something used but the 24
volts is a hold up. As soon as I am successful, I will be bragging about it
here so look out. Next week I will start on my dump conversion that will
utilize my cargo bed but will allow me still mount it with the easy to swap
bolts on the sides. This way I can use my junky bed for dumping and put my
dropside bed with troop seats on for get togethers. I'm going out now to
study to brakes (more important at this time) so I can call on the wisdom of
the list to fix them next week.

Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35A2