National Archives Report

From: Rick (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 18:38:04 PDT

I was at the National Archives today doing some research and going
through Signal Corps photos from the early 1960's.

Saw some pretty interesting stuff. Brought to mind some interesting
vehciles we don't often see. Like the SS-10 anti-tank missile launcher
mounted on a M38A1, or the modified weasel with the back cut down and a
106mm recoilless mounted and a cab put on. Saw some photos of test
vehicles like a Nordweld and the Land train. All interesting stuff.

For the next meet how about slinging your M38 and roping it across an
obsticle like the Army did?

What about those command jeeps that Eisenhower or Kennedy rode review
in?

There are lots of interesting stuff out there.

Rick