My M35 brakes again

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 13:19:05 PDT

Hello again. I promise to quite posting so many notes as soon as I figure
out the brake problem.

Here's the latest. I pulled the left front wheel off and tried to pull off
the drum. I removed the 3/8 bolts around the drum, but it wouldn't come
off. Not sure if it should so I quit. Noticed it had a hole in the drum
for inspections or something and I could see the shoes thru it. Got my wife
to press the brake pedal and both shoes moved at the top. These appears to
be no oil or grease on the shoes either.

So here's today's question. Can I check to see if the hydraulic pressure is
high enough when I press the brakes. I thought about putting a gauge on the
line, but I suspect the pressure is very high. I don't have a gauge over
500 psi. Is it possible the piston in the master cylinder is binding.

If anyone has had a case of something like this I would appreciate any
advice. Thanks everyone. Joe Trapp.