broke down in my M1009..... help anyone?

From: Nathan Wilkens (nathan.wilkens@asu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 16:52:35 PDT

OK guys - I had a strange problem with my M1009 today, and was curious if
anyone had any ideas or had experienced the same kind of problem. First of
all, I should say it's a 105 degree day here in Phoenix, so I go to run some
errands in my M1009, she starts up just fine (only a momentary glow plug
cycling), and off we go. I make it about 1/2 mile and suddenly she goes
dead - the engine just instantly stopped. All the dash electrics are fine,
she turns over fine, but doesn't run. I checked for fuel pressure in the
filter - it checked OK, I also checked the injector pump connectors (2 green
wires and 1 red wire) and they seem fine, the red wire (used to disable the
injector pump when bleeding the filter) sparked a bit when I disconnected
it - I'm assuming that it should do that..
Any ideas anyone? My brave wife (brave just to ride in the truck) helped my
push her home, so I'm too pooped to work on it today. My next plan is to
print out some of my -20 and -34 manual from CD rom and start electrical
troubleshooting, and maybe open the injector bleed back line (coming out of
the top of th injector) to see if anything is being pushed through the
injector pump..
Thanks,
Nathan Wilkens