Re: [MV] Tea Brewing in an FV432

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 20:12:47 PDT

At 7:52 PM -0400 6/16/02, Cav43rdBn@aol.com wrote:
>I seem to recall, while in Germany, that the FV432 crews
>who accompanied the Abbots, had a water heater/tea
>brewer assembly that was attached to the backramp/
>troop door area. They were quite proud of it, ISTR. Was
>this issue, or was this a hack-together job that this crew
>came up with? I do remember that it was hooked into the
>vehicle power system, etc..
>
>Just wondering

Actaully issued kit. There were also water heaters for the Ferret,
Saladin, Saracen and the Stalwart. The one's from the Ferret tended
to get ruined pretty quick. The larger "boiling vessels" from the
larger wheeled vehicles were better. The Challengers had them as
well. I don't know for a fact, but as I understand it almost every
post war combat vehicle in British service had them.

http://www.ferret.simonides.org/ces/bv/bv.html

http://home.cwru.edu/~rds13/culture/engl_brit_ness.html

--
--
Ryan Gill                 rmgill@mindspring.com
     1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo