Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV HF antenna question

From: Michael J. Hill (wild800@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 22:09:44 PDT

Hello Don and list,

The antenna you are describing is for receiving. Using the R-422
receiver for example.

A better base would be the AB-558/GR or the AB-15/GR using the mast
sections you have described.

For transmitting etc. one could use the AS-1729/VRC (available from MR.
G.R. Baker on this list)which consist of the MX-6707 matching base unit
and two sections of antenna, AS-1730 and the AT-1095. The radios that
would (could) work could be RT-524(*)/VRC or the RT-246(8)/GRC and in
various configurations with COMSEC Equipment (VINSON or NESTOR) for
example.

These mount on the CUCV antenna Bracket (NSN 5820-01-200-0180) available
in kit form from saturn surplus.

This is a little info that might help.

Best regards,

Mike Hill EMT-1