Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV HF antenna question

From: MVdonlow (mvdonlow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 18:24:46 PDT

thanks to those that replyed, I am still looking for opinions
I want to TX on HF and want it to work and look right (I caught a lot of
hell form by brother for that)

would a UG-558 BASE for MS-116-117-118; mounts to SC-D-189023. 16"Hx6"dia;
work on a CUCV mount, and look in the period for Desert Storm ?
or is
AB-15 MAST BASE for MS-116-117-118 or AB-21-22-23-24 mast sections; spring
action with 3.3"L x 3" dia ceramic insulator and bottom terminal. Requires
2" dia hole for mounting. O/a 15"L, 3#.

a better match for a Command and Control CUCV ?

Also, the marking on the bumpers, I hear HCC-6__ is for HQ Command
Control
I have curently a AN/VRC-47 with antenna, and am adding HF .
would that change the designation any?
what is correct for Desert Storm ?

Don Low
MVPA # 25055