M35 fuel pump fuse fix?

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 18:28:56 PDT

Hi all,
Well, I finally found where the fuse for the in tank fuel pump on my M35
is. Of course, it took an hour in a parking lot, when I didn't have an hour
to spare!
I took my dear friend for a ride, since he had never ridden in a deuce. He
is a list member, but not an owner yet.
Any way, he thought it ran great, and I was hoping he'll consider buying
one. As we came out of the pizza parlor, with pizza's-to-go, it wouldn't
start. I know diesel engines only don't start for a few reasons, and after
eliminating all but no fuel, remembered several conversations here about the
fuse for the tank pump. Of course, I couldn't remember where it is, and the
TM I have in the truck just suggests calling the maintenance department if
it isn't getting fuel. So, as a last effort to solve the problem, we took
the cover off to see what might be wrong and, Whallaaa, there it was.
So, a question and advise:
Question: is there a good fix for this inaccessible fuse, like an inline
circuit breaker that any one has tried? I know it's not that hard to get to,
but if it happened in the dark and without the correct tools......
Advise: if you have an M35 (or any M that uses this set up), find the fuse
now and know were it is.
I'm wondering if there are any other little things like that that anyone has
knowledge of that a person should know about. Like something that can stop
you in your tracks, but could be fixed in a couple of minutes with a pocket
knife and baling wire?
Any advise is appreciated.
Henry