Re: [MV] Speaking of M35 Fuel Tank fuses

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 06:42:48 PDT

>Ok, passed the hint to my friend with his Deuce, he asked a simple one that
>I had missed: Where DID you find the fuse for the fuel tank?

There is a small cover (die cast Aluminum) on top of the fuel tank that the
sender wire plugs into which is held on with 3 #12 nuts and studs, that
cover! You remove it and turn it over and inside is a fuse block and a pig
tail wire going down to the rest of the fuel pump mounting plate. In my
case the reason the fuse blew was that the pig tail wire had been hastily
and/or carelessly shoved into the cover as it was put back on and the
insulation had rubbed thru agains that cover and shorted. Pay attention to
how you install the cover, I found that if you kind of coil that wire by
rotating the cover around as you go down with it you can keep the wire
somewhat contained and not pressing against the side to much.

I also found I had a 30A fuse in there, it's supposed to be 6 as I recall.

later,

je