Re: [MV] G-L Negotiated Sale

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 12:26:57 PDT

         Good job Meir. Maybe GL could arrange in the future to hand over
the horses to the Equine Rescue and let them handle the adoption. Then the
Equine Rescue group could charge an adoption fee that would
entirely/partially go back to GL. (since they have costs involved too)
         I know when we adopted a pony from the Georgia Equine Rescue
League, we had to pay an adoption fee. The fees here depend on the
condition of the horse, and the expense of getting the horse back to a
condition where they can be adopted out. Our pony cost $100. The League
also has the owner sign a form that they will not sell, breed, etc the
horse. Then you have yearly visits to check up on the condition of the horse.
         I've got a horse I used to use for Civil War reenacting. She lost
her eye to an infection about 3-4 years ago. When I'm at MV shows or
meetings, I like to ask if anyone has a left eye for a cavalry horse I'm
restoring. =^) The restoration is almost done, just looking for a few
hard to find NOS parts. ;^) ...btw, when finished, my 1944 jeep will be
named "Sadie", after my horse.

later,
Brian Mead
Griffin, Ga