Re: [MV] M38A1 Springs

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 18:36:18 PDT

Here in Columbia, SC we have a truck spring repair shop that can take a set
of leaf springs and take each leaf and re-bend it to the factory shape. We
were fixing up an old Trailduster (Ramcharger) about 10 years ago and took
the springs to these guys and they fixed them right up. The truck sat a few
inches higher with the reconditioned springs. I would be surprised if they
had the specs. for something that old, if you have a good spring shop you
might check. It cost less than $100 a spring if I remember right, but for
the truck we did that was cheaper than new springs or a lift kit. This shop
mostly did large trucks but they would do any springs.

By the way, I have had several 60 something fords and they all had worn out
springs.

Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35
(With a new canvas top that kicked my butt a few hours ago-hope it stays on
tomorrow)