Re: [MV] what to bid on auctions

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 19:07:46 PDT

I've been to a lot of auctions and have developed
these to primary theorems:

1.) If only two people were to show up at the
auction, you being one of them, the other guy will
have deeper pockets. ESPECIALLY if they only want
that ONE particular item at that auction. Shill
bidders not even considered. I have a problem in this
small community, there is one auctioneer who KNOWS
what I'm after! He stuck me ONCE! I have only been
to one of his auctions in the last 7 years.

2.) Don't EVER go to an auction hoping to get
something that you really, really need/want. You WILL
be disappointed by either not getting what you were
after or having paid too much for it.

If the local junkyard sells the engine out of it for
$800 he's made his money back and can let the rest rot
into the ground waiting for a buyer. I bought my
M-135 for $1185, the next higher bid was $850 from the
next state.

Roll the dice buddy! Don't bet the rent!

If anyone wants a picture of a 250 gallon rubber water
tank, E-mail me and I'll attach a picture.

Joe