Re: [MV] M274 Mule Parts Wanted

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 13:10:09 PDT

> I am also looking for an original, under the bed, battery box. I
> currently have the original one that goes between the fender skirt on
> the passenger side.

John,

Most of what you're for can be bought from the various parts suppliers
 Watson,
Grove, etc.). I don't currently have any parts I could spare.

The only original battery box was the one used on the mule upgrades done by
the Army in the mid 70's. It hangs down mid way of the bed on the right
(passenger side). The fender had a space cut out for the battery box. The
under the bed or any other configuration was not original. On the back side
of the battery box was mounted the voltage regulator and starter solenoid.
Alternator, voltage regulator and starter solenoid were stock Dodge truck
(M880).

You could use any type of battery box and be OK, because only the one above
is correct (done by MWO). I commonly use a large ammo. can and a small
battery and call it a "field expedient". Mount it anywhere that's handy.

Hope this helps.
Keith