Looking for a deuce

From: Ryan Aguilar (raguilar13@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 11:44:57 PDT

Hey guys this is my first post and am glad to be a part of your group. I
live in Southern California and am in the market for a good clean non rusty
M135A2 Deuce And A Half. I would preferr one that I can view before
purchasing so if anyone out there knows where I can find one let me know.
This will be my firs MV so Im hoping for one in pretty good shape. I also
heard about some of these vehicles having gone through an engine upgrade
program in 1990 where a new engine was put in and were labeled with a
"MWO1990" tag. Is this true? How many vehicles got this service? Thanx
for you help.

Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2002 7:31 AM
Subject: mil-veh Digest #766

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

> ------------------------------

> From: "GOTAM35" <gotam35@sc.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [MV] Pinholes in gas tanks
> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:00:06 -0400

AND
> A HOOD IF YOU HAVE ONE (I'm the paranoid type).
>
> Next: rub plenty of flux on the spot to be soldered. Heat the are
slowly.
> Use a small torch, using a torch too big for the job is the first step
> toward failure. If you get it too hot the flux will burn and won't work.
> Take 95/5 solder and rub it on the heated area. Don't try to fill the
hole
> yet. You are trying to ensure the solder has stuck to the surface at this
> point. If it has stuck to the surface your in good shape. It is there
for
> life, unless you burn it in the next step.
>
> Next: if the holes are too big to fill at this point, make a patch.
Copper
> is the best thing to use. I have used a penny before, but I now try to
> uphold the law. You can cut a patch out of a piece of copper tubing.
Make