Re: [MV] Insurance

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 18:43:31 PDT

I've been busy this week, so this may not help the person with the originan
question, but I thought I would give my two cents on insurance and my M35.

I insured my M35 with State Farm as a commerical vehicle. I use it a little
as a work truck (that helps with the taxes alot) and my agent knows about my
bussiness because I have some of my business insurance with him (he knows
I'm legitament). It was no problem and when I get a chance to read my
policy I will post a little more details.

I will need to get tags next week and over the phone the people at the DOT
here in South Carolina say it will not be a problem to tag it as a
commercial vehicle. They often say things over the phone that end up not
being correct, so we will see.

When it come to automobles, here in South Carolina we are usually about a
decade behind the rest of the country on regulations and so forth. We don't
even have annual inspections on car any more. It makes for real safe hyways
( I love following a car with busted tail lights). All the more reason to
drive the duece around.

Good luck all,
Joe Trapp
67 Kaiser M35A2