Fw: Basic M35 info

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 09:28:10 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: Combat
To: milveh
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 12:27 PM
Subject: Basic M35 info

Hi Listers,
                I am in the process of obtaining my first M35 (always been a
Jeep guy previously). Have spoken and read alot in the last few months and
there seems to be disagreement on a few things and I'm looking for a
consensus.

1: top speed of the turbo 1c/d models 55- 67 ?
2; top cruising speed 49-55 (supposedly at 1900 rpm) ?
3: best way to increase cruising speed (11.00's , lock outs, tire
pressure,fiddle with the pump overrride) ?
4: where to find matching carc color in bombs & gallons (have considerable
experience w/ Gillespie do they offer a carc match?) ?
5: Use of synthetic engine oil ( a local diesel mech. said there is no
diesel spec. synthetic ) ?
6: When troop seats became fiberglass ?
7: best place to find a winch kit reasonably priced ?
8: Is it worth the effort to convert to silicone brake fluid? (been told if
the brakes work WELL & are dry dont touch it)

all replies are welcomed & thanks in advance - SG