Re: [MV] M151a2 instrument gauges

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 10:03:53 PDT

Mike,
For gauges check some of these dealers:
http://www.tnjmurray.com/m151.htm
http://www.rapcopartscompany.com/
http://www.surplusjeep.com/
http://www.muttparts.com/newparts.htm
http://www.sphynx.com/mitymite/m151.html
http://www.avettruck.com/Featured_Products/M151_Jeep/m151_jeep.html
http://www.flmv.net/M151x.html
http://www.samwinermotors.com/

the fuel gauge is 28V DC in series with the tank sending unit. the older gauges used the electric
current to heat a bimetal strip to indicate fuel level. that way sudden movement of the vehicle
wouldn't drastically affect the gauge reading. later models have a printed circuit board in the
gauge with components mounted on it so I don't know what happens with these gauges.

Buzz